Car sharing is when two or more people share a car and travel together. It allows people to benefit from the convenience of the car, whilst alleviating the associated problems of congestion and pollution. It also allows people to share the costs. The Benefits of Sharing Vehicles
How do I car share?
- Reduce the number of cars on the roads – less congestion, less pollution, reduction in GHG emissions and fewer parking problems.
- Save money – travelling with others can save up to £1000 a year on transport costs
- Provide a real solution to the transport access problems of rural areas.
- Give employees and employers more transport options.
- Reduce the need for private car ownership.
Check out the Tighabruaich Facebook page
, where people often post messages about car sharing.